Easy Classic Spaghetti Recipe
Spaghetti is a beloved and timeless Italian pasta dish that’s not only easy to make but also incredibly delicious. Whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen or just looking for a quick and satisfying meal, this classic spaghetti recipe is the perfect go-to. With a few basic ingredients and straightforward steps, you can have a hearty plate of spaghetti ready in no time.
- 8 ounces (about 225 grams) of spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for serving)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Boil the spaghetti.
- Fill a large pot with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions, usually around 8–10 minutes, until it reaches your desired level of doneness (al dente is recommended). Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until it becomes fragrant and slightly golden. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add Crushed Tomatoes:
- Pour in the can of crushed tomatoes and stir well.
- Add dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper to the sauce. These seasonings add depth and flavor to the dish.
- Simmer the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 15–20 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld together and the sauce to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Combine spaghetti and sauce:
- Once the sauce has thickened to your liking, add the cooked spaghetti to the pan. Toss everything together to ensure the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve and garnish:
- Plate the spaghetti and sauce onto individual dishes.
- If desired, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top for an extra layer of flavor.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves for a touch of freshness and color.
- Your classic spaghetti is ready to be enjoyed. Serve it hot, and savor every bite of this simple yet comforting meal.
This classic spaghetti recipe is a versatile canvas for various toppings and additions. You can enhance it with meatballs, sautéed vegetables, or your favorite herbs. With its straightforward preparation and delicious results, it’s a go-to dish for both beginners and seasoned home cooks. Bon appétit!